Indoor workouts to keep you toned from head to toe
We’ve recently had to make a lot of changes to our everyday routines because we’ve been advised to put social distancing into practice. And with that in place, going to the gym is just not an option anymore. The gym is a fertile ground for germs and bacteria and that’s the last place you want to be right now.
However, this doesn’t mean you can’t keep in shape – you can still do your workouts in the comfort of your own home with these easy indoor exercises:
If you’re looking for a total-body workout that you can do almost anywhere then this is the exercise you should be doing. It’s easy to do and you can burn up to 100 calories in a 10-minute workout. Follow these steps to do a jumping jack:
- Stand with your legs together and your arms by your side.
- Bend your knees slightly, jump and spread your legs to be about shoulder-width apart as you jump.
- Stretch your arms out and above your head and return to the starting position.
Push-ups are a great exercise to do if you want to tone and strengthen your upper body and core. When you’re performing a push-up it’s important to keep your back straight, core engaged and don’t let your body sag down. Follow these steps to perform a push-up:
- Get down on all fours and place your hands slightly wider than your shoulders. Then straighten your legs and arms.
- Lower your body slowly until your chest is close to touching the ground.
- Then pause and push yourself back up.
You can do 3 sets of 10 push-ups with 1 minute breaks in-between.
This workout is the ultimate fat burner and body toner and you’ll be happy to know that one hour of this exercise can burn up to 1600 calories. The great thing about this workout is that it’s fun and people rarely get bored when doing this exercise. All you’ll need is a skipping rope and comfortable running shoes and you’re ready to get your heart racing.
Just free up some space in your lounge or bedroom and get skipping!
Do you want toned legs, thighs, and a firm butt? Well, look no further because by squatting regularly you can achieve just that. This workout can be done with or without weights, however, if you add weights, you’ll burn calories even faster. To squat, follow these steps:
- Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart and your feet parallel.
- Put your hands on your thighs or in the air in line with your chest, bend your knees and put weight on your heels and sit back slightly.
- Keep your head and chest upright and make sure your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds, rise back upwards and return to starting position.
With working outcomes sweat and body odour, but this can be reduced when you use Shield’s wide range of deodorants for men and women. They’re designed to fight sweat and keep you fresh for up to 48 hours.
Shield, it won’t let you down.