The Shield Sbonis'iDiski Finals at the HPC
Sekunjalo on the 29th of July. It’s the first day of the Finals, bringing the 2019 Shield Sbonis’iDiski scouting season to a close.
Over 3 days Shield will be putting the best of the best to the test. Who will perform under pressure? Who will train at Chelsea and earn a chance to join the Orlando Pirates MDC team?
Shield scouted the country looking for footballing talent, seeking only the best. “The Shield Sbonis’iDiski football programme has changed many lives.” Shield Head Coach, Dumisani Thusi.
These are the players that accepted the call and were chosen by the Shield Coaching Committee:
- Banele Sibanda - Gauteng
- Siyabonga Mabuza - Mpumalanga
- Mahlatse Mathekga - Mpumalanga
- Amogelang Matebesi - Northern Cape
- Tshepo Kakora - Northern Cape
- Kopano Mokopelwa - Northern Cape
- Cassius Spandelel - Northern Cape
- Kamohelo Pheeane - Free State
- Ofentse Tladi - Free State
- Thandanani Tshabalala - Free State
- Karabo Motholo - Free State
- Siphoguhle Sovendle - Free State
- Thato Mpete - North West
- Banele Gabela - Gauteng
- Samkelo Msizane - Gauteng
- Karabo Sithole - Gauteng
- Luvo Mbusi - Western Cape
- Thobani Jacobs - Eastern Cape
- Simnikiwe Mbonde - Eastern Cape
- Devon Reinders - Gauteng
- Nhlakanipho Maphumulo - Kwazulu Natal
- Xolani Dlamini - Kwazulu Natal
- Andy Mehlaphe - Limpopo
- Karabo Mafa - Limpopo
- Mpimo Ngobeni - Gauteng
The Tuks High-Performance Centre in Pretoria will host the Shield Sbonis’iDiski Finals, where these 25 footballers from across Mzansi will fight it out. Shield, along with Orlando Pirates FC and Chelsea FC coaches will put players through their paces, pushing their limits on and off the field.
“Finals is meant to mentally and physically prepare players for the real world of football by not only putting them against a real development team but also by coaching, guiding and mentoring” Laurence Griffin, International Development Officer, Chelsea FC Foundation. The footballers will be coached on all aspects of the beautiful game: nutrition, professional etiquette, media and more. iDiski ntwana yam’!
Follow the action using #MoveWithShield because you won’t want to miss a moment. Make sure you’re Shield ready because the coaches won’t take it easy, they want to see sweat and determination. A fight for this once in a lifetime opportunity brought to you by Shield.
PS. The finals will need nothing less than your best, the Ultimate Performance needs the Ultimate Protection When You Move.