Skip to content
Shield Azishe Competition
Terms & Conditions
Opens in new window
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents. Winners need to 18 years and older.
- The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
- This promotional competition is only open on 18 August 2017, when the live ABSA Premiership game between Bidvest Wits and Cape Town City takes place between 20:00 and 22:00. Any entries received before or after the closing date will not be considered.
- To enter, participants will be required to follow @Shield_ZA (www.twitter.com/Shield_ZA) on Twitter.
- During the ABSA Premiership game between Bidvest Wits and Cape Town City on 18 August 2017, codes will be released during key high pressure moments. Participants will need to watch out for the goals scored as well as codes released on our page @Shield_ZA . Fastest finger first entering the USSD code line *120*645*3*UniqueCode#, first 2 participants to enter correctly, will win R1500 cash each. Entry will be charged at standard USSD rate.
- Winners will be contacted directly via cell number to notify them of winning within 48 hours.
- Winner must provide their correct banking details. If a Winner has given incorrect banking details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules
- Winners must provide a letter from their bank confirming their bank account number and bank account details for the purposes of the EFT. Bank stamped/certified statements will not be accepted.
- Cash will be eft within 5 working days once correct banking details via letter from the bank is supplied to the organiser.
- Participants may enter as many times during the competition period, IE 18 August 20:00 to 22:00
- The prize is R1500 cash per person with a maximum of 16 winners per game.
- We will release between minimum of 1 to maximum 8 codes during the game.
- The promoter reserves the right to release unique codes at their own discretion, according to key pressure moments during the game between Bidvest Wits and Cape Town City on 18 August 2017.
- Any Prize not taken up for any reason within a week's notification will be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
- Prizes are not transferable
- Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 16 winners will be selected during the competition period. IE during the soccer match relative to the amount of unique codes released during key pressure moments.
- Winners are selected based on fastest fingers first. Only 2 winners are picked from each code released on Twitter. Maximum 8 codes will be released.
- The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID number, Copy of their identity document, certified bank details, contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
- The Winner will be selected by means of an automated selection based on the first 2 codes correctly entered into the USSD line. Winner will be notified telephonically within the week and prize delivery will be made. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 2 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
- Promoter is not responsible for any entries not received timeously or at all.
- The Prize includes:
- R1500 South African rands per winner
- Money will be transferred into the winner's bank directly from a 3rd party agent
- Should the finalists be unable to redeem the Prize during the specified dates, the Prize shall be forfeited and another Winner may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.shield.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 572 861
- Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide the required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 24 hours will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- The prize is not transferrable.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
- All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.